2006-2011 Artist in Residence. Kala Art Institute, Berkeley CA
2008 Public Art Commission. Anna Yates Elementary School, Community Mural.
1980 Elizabeth Richardson Award, Outstanding Studio Art Practice, Lawrence University
1980 Lawrence University. Appleton, Wisconsin. BA Studio Art
1977-1978 School of the Chicago Art Institute. Studio Classes and Student Teaching Semester.
2003-2012 Workshops studying process and practice
- Kala Art Institute: Photoshop, Large Scale Digital Printing, Dreamweaver Web Site Design, WordPress Website design, Photoetching, Intaglio Monotype, Letterpress Relief Printing, Reduction Printing, Screen Printing and Non-Toxic Printmaking, Collograph, Cyanotype.
- SF Center for the Book: Image transfer techinques, Book structures.
- CCAC textiles and MAPOM (CA Indian Skills): Basketmaking with Julia Parker
- Think-Know tools with Howard Rheingold: A six week course using asynchronous forums, blogs, wikis, mindmaps, social bookmarks, concept maps, Personal Brain, and synchronous audio, video, chat and Twitter.
- Apple Education Seminars – iTunes U: A three part webcast for organizing and connecting online resources for the 21st century classroom.
1980 Single Subject Teaching Credential (K-12 Art)
2008 Harvard Teaching Institute – Teaching for Understanding online course
2008-2012 Kala Art Institute, Artists-in-Schools Lead Teacher
2010-2012 Dance anywhere goes to school. Project liason and administrator.
2012 ACOE Integrated Learning Specialist Program (ILSP) Certificate
2011-2012 Alameda County Arts Coach supporting arts integration at Jefferson Elementary
2010-2012 Alameda County Arts Learning Leadership Group Facillitator – Southside
2012 KQED SPARK Content Presenter
2012 Faculty, Summer Institute Inventing Our Future
2012 Designing, Formatting and hosting an online tool (ning) documenting resources from
ACOE’s Summer Institute: Inventing Our Future
Kala Community Classroom:
- Professional Development for teachers and teaching artists: Access Points to Printmaking and Simple Bookmaking Structures
- Summer HS Printmaking Intensive, Kala Community Classroom, 2009-2010
- Rosa Parks Elementary School, Berkeley. Grades K-3, 2008-present
- Anna Yates Elementary School, Emeryville. Grades K-5. 2007-2009
- Emeryville Rec. Center, Summer 2007-10. Printing and Maskmaking, Grades K-8.
- Ecole Bilingue de Berkeley, Collage panels informed by the life and work of Romare Bearden, Grade 2
Anna Yates Community Mural: Printmaking workshops with students developed imagery and content for a mural. Installed 2010.
Community Weaving Project: Temporary Shelters at Oakland Art & Soul Festival 2008.
Emeryville Community MLK Celebration – Screenprinting Dr. King and President Obama portraits.
Visual and Performing Artist
2010 Juried @ BAC. Berkeley Art Center
2008 Oakland Airport Installation of Codex, 59ʼ book structure.
2007-2011 Emeryville Celebration of the Arts Juried Annual
2007-2009 Pro Arts Juried Annual, Oakland CA
2007-2008 City of Berkeley Juried Public Art Exhibition, Civic Center Building
2006-2011 FRESH artistʼs annual exhibition, Kala Art Institute, Berkeley
2005 Solo Exhibit of Recent Works at Bomarzo, 1410 Vallejo St. SF.
1992 Capp St. Fundraiser Contribution: Shoe for a Worm, mixed media.
1980 Artwear Workers Unite, Hubbard St. Gallery, Chicago. Latex Shirts.
Performance / Installations
2012 Object + Place. Various locations. Self portrait performance wearing large bulky bags
2011 Object + Movement = Dance. Berkeley Art Museum Sculpture Garden. Dance anywhere
2011 Wolf Wearing Wolf Moss Mask
2009 Continuous Line. Participants to add their mark to a length of line.
2010 Traveling Line – Private action documented in self published book.
2008 Beating the Bounds – A collaborative walking exploration of the Capitol Corridor Rail
2008-2011 dance anywhere – A collaborative, global, conceptual dance project
2010-2011 10.10.10 and 11.11.11 – A global collaborative media event documenting one day
ongoing One-Syllable Word Project: Visual art and written word informed by a curious text
ongoing Postal Relay Box Repurposing: De-comissioned boxes remain useful in an emergency